Gel Manicures have revolutionised our nail care routines and are an incredible way for us to provide you with fast-drying, long-lasting nails. Depending on your nails and your activity or profession, your gel manicure should last for 2-3 weeks. The girls in the salon want to give you some handy tips for ensuring you get maximum wear from them
· Apply cuticle oil to your nail beds every day
· Don’t file or cut your nails unless absolutely necessary
· If you can - wear gloves when doing general household cleaning, gardening or hobbies that are rough on your hands or use harsh chemicals
· Avoid using your nails as tools to pull open or pick at anything (opening can rings/Sellotape)
· Take care not to use products which contain solvent oils, this can cause major damage to the gel and affect the colour. These oils can be found in some sun creams or in insect repellent(deet)
· On holiday make sure you wash chlorine off your hands and dry and wipe your nails after swimming or applying lotion
· If any lifting occurs, try not to pick or pull at the nails. Do call us and we can assess the nail and do a repair if necessary
· Get your gels removed correctly, either book a removal when you make your next appointment for a manicure or we also retail a home removal kit, and we can advise you on how to carry out the soak off procedure yourself safely.
Taking care of your lashes is important so they stay looking their best for as long as possible. Lash extensions can last up to 4 weeks (though by this time, most extensions will have fallen out due to your natural lash cycle). Tips from our girls in the salon and from the manufacturers of our lash products.
· Oil-based products are the enemy, so avoid them! Oil breaks down adhesive bonds and your lashes won’t last as long as they should. Lash Perfect offers oil free products such as cleansers and mascaras and eyeliners – you can order them from your technician or online.
· Avoid cotton wool. The fluff will get caught up in your lashes and can be very irritating
· Don’t panic if a few lashes fall in the first 24 hours after your treatment, this is completely normal while the adhesive is drying.
· We recommend you return for a lash infill appointment every 2-3 weeks.
· When you come for infills try to make sure your lashes are clean and free from makeup, if our technician has to spend part of your appointment time cleaning the lashes up then there is less time for you to get the fullest possible infill.
· If you want to remove your extensions at any time, come back and see us. Removal is easy and takes no time at all. Picking your lashes off without professional remover will cause natural lash damage and it can then take time for your lashes to recover fully.
The good news is that a Lash Lift requires very little aftercare!
Just remember to avoid too much mascara and steam baths/saunas/moisture for the first 24/48 hours. Other than that you can treat your lashes as normal
We recommend using a growth and conditioning serum as your lash lift grows out.
How soon can you do this treatment again?
If you want to keep your lash lift look then it isn’t a one size fits all for this. Everyone’s lashes are different and grow at different speeds. We do however recommend leaving 6-8 weeks between treatments as a minimum.